Please log in to view the forum. If you are not registered then please register for access to this great lego website.

The Hogrod

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hogrod

Post  Dunjohn on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:17 pm

I'm stranded a long way from my collection at the moment, with access to only the two set's I've bought in the last two weeks: The Harry Potter Hogwarts board game, and a remote control racer car that was on special. So I've decided to combine them, and give Harry something a little classier to joyride than that blue banger the Weasleys had. I present: the Hogrod.

The garish yellow and black colour scheme of the racer set didn't exactly gel with the board game's tan and sand green so I used as little of it as possible.

It was inspired by the Okymobile and Zurgmobile made by Eurobricks member Oky Wan Kenobi, who decided that certain Toy Story characters needed drag racers. Well, if Harry'd had this since Year 1, Hermoine wouldn't have looked sideways at Ron.

I had virtually no SNOT elements to work with so I stretched their mileage way beyond guarantee. The entire front wing sections - from the stepped bits at the sides to the brown rods - are each clinging to a single front-facing stud beneath the green plates, but they're sturdier than it sounds. The rocket, cockpit and front tower sections are attached by jamming them between regular upward-facing studs.
Dunjohn

Back to top Go down

Re: The Hogrod

Post  The_Empire on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Really nice MOC!

Back to top Go down

Post  General Redwater on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Amazing! Surprised The way you made this with the limited pieces that you had makes this an excellent MOC! Very Happy
-
General Redwater
General Redwater

http://www.classic-pirates.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  perthpoke on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:21 am

Cool
perthpoke
Baron
Baron

http://perthpoke.forumotion.co.uk/memberlist.forum